The Grey Swan Inn Bed and Breakfast welcomes you to Blackstone, located in the heart of southside Virginia. Please read our policies to make the most of your stay.
COVID-19 Information and Policies at the Grey Swan Inn Bed and Breakfast:
The Grey Swan Inn is fully OPEN and OPERATIONAL and we look forward to welcoming you to Blackstone!
We are following American Hotel and Lodging Association (AHLA) “Stay Safe” protocols which follow CDC guidelines for social distances, cleaning, sanitation, and disinfection. Our priority is keeping our guests, and ourselves, as safe as possible.
- Social distancing remains the order of the day for indoor and outdoor activities.
- Breakfast will be served in our dining room with limited seating in order to provide safe, social distancing between guests. Other options are dining on our porch and in some of the larger guest rooms.
- During your stay, housekeeping will be limited to replacing glassware and linen, as needed, and emptying wastebaskets.
- Guest rooms are rested 24 hours before and after occupancy whenever possible.
Minimum 2 night stay required and Maximum 2 people per room (no exceptions); cannot accommodate pets.
Rates at the Grey Swan Inn Bed and Breakfast:
- Guest Rates are per room for single or double occupancy and are inclusive of private bath and full breakfast, plus applicable taxes.
- Two night minimum stay.
- Weekends: 3 Night Minimum may apply on some holiday and event weekends.
- Government rates (per diem): Military and/or government guests doing business in the area are offered per diem rates for some of our rooms. This applies for single occupancy stays and this discounted price does not include breakfast.
Per diem guests can choose an add-on breakfast at the following rates: Full Breakfast: $12.00 Continental or Light Breakfast: $8.00 Breakfast To Go: $8.00 Coffee is complimentary.
- Corporate/Military rates: Let us know if you are here for work or have served or are currently serving in the military to qualify for a 10% discount.
- Bereavement rates: Guests are offered a 10% discount while traveling to the area for funerals.
- Additional Person
- 2 years and over – $20
- Under 2 years – $10
- Additional Breakfast Non-Guest – $12 (plus applicable taxes)
- Extended stays: If you will require an extended stay, please call us for more rate information.
We are a small inn and cancellations adversely affect us. Therefore, for Short Term stays with less than 48 hours notice, there will be a cancellation charge equal to one night’s stay. No-shows and same-day cancellations are charged at full amount of stay.
For Long Term stays (28 nights or more) our long-term cancellation policy applies. If a guest changes or cancels a long-term reservation with less than 48 hours notice, there will be a cancellation charge equal to one night’s stay. If they cancel after the trip has started, the remaining nights in their reservation are non-refundable. If they have more than 30 nights left in their reservation, only the next 30 nights are non-refundable.
Additional fees/restrictions may apply to group or event reservations.
** If you do not receive a cancellation email from us, please contact us by telephone – 434-292-3199
The Grey Swan Inn Bed and Breakfast is ideal for a small family reunion, girlfriends get-away, “mancation”, scrapbooking groups, quilters, spiritual retreat, book study, business team building, with 5 guest rooms and accommodations for up to 12 guests. Our dining room and parlors are available for meetings and break out sessions. Call us and let us help you design a 2-3 day event for your group!
Check-In & Check-Out:
- Check-In: Between 3 pm and 11 pm. Please let us know if your arrival will be earlier or later. We are flexible with notice.
- Check-Out: 11 am
The Grey Swan Inn has received its B&B Virginia ABC license which allows our guests who are 21 years old and above to drink either in their guest room and in Common Areas of the Inn. You may bring your own or add items to your reservation. For the safety and comfort of our guests, please drink responsibly.
For everyone’s safety and consideration, only registered guests are permitted on the property unless permission has been obtained by the innkeepers. If you are planning activities that may include non-registered guests, please call and ask if we can accommodate you before you make your reservation. Only registered guests are allowed in the guest rooms at any time. Non-registered guests are permitted to use the common areas (dining room, parlors, porch) with registered guests. Non-registered guests are not allowed on the premises after 10:00 PM.
- Children may be accommodated in Room 3, the King Suite, maximum occupancy is 5 persons. Other rooms may accommodate children – one adult with one child. No additional beds, cots, or portable child beds can be used in the queen or full bedded rooms.
- Smoking: We are a non-smoking Inn – an area is provided outside on the porch for guests who smoke.
Pets and Service Animals:
We’re sorry we cannot accommodate your pet. Boarding may be available in the area – please call us for details.
Please let the innkeeper know when booking your reservation if a service dog will be accompanying you. Service animals are permitted in all areas where guests are allowed. Service animals are animals that are trained to perform a specific task for the benefit of a person with a disability. The Grey Swan Inn innkeepers may ask what task(s) the service animal performs. The following types of animals are not permitted:
- Comfort Animals: Animals not trained to perform a specific task, but which are said to provide emotional support or to relieve anxiety simply by their presence.
- Pets: Animals for which no claim of any service is made.
You must keep your service animal under control at all times. The animal should always be on a leash, harness or other tether, unless either the handler is unable because of his/her disability to use a harness, leash or other tether, or the use of a harness, leash or other tether would interfere with the service animal’s safe, effective performance of work or tasks, in which case the service animal must be otherwise under the handler’s control.