at The Grey Swan Inn Bed and Breakfast
The Grey Swan Inn Bed and Breakfast welcomes you to Blackstone, in Central Virginia. Please read our policies to make the most of your stay.
Rates at the Grey Swan Inn Bed and Breakfast:
- Guest Rates are per room for single or double occupancy and are inclusive of private bath and full breakfast, plus applicable taxes.
- Weekends: 2 Night Minimum may apply on some holiday and event weekends
- Government rates (per diem): Military and/or government guests doing business in the area are offered per diem rates for some of our rooms. This applies for single occupancy stays.
***NEW*** Effective October 1st, 2019, per diem guests can choose an add-on breakfast at the following rates: Full Breakfast: $12.00 Continental or Light Breakfast: $8.00 Breakfast To Go: $8.00 Coffee is complimentary.
- Corporate/Military rates: Let us know if you are here for work or have served or are currently serving in the military to qualify for a 10% discount.
- Bereavement rates: Guests are offered a 10% discount while traveling to the area for funerals
- Additional Person
- 2 years and over – $20
- Under 2 years – $10
- Additional Breakfast Non-Guest – $12 (plus applicable taxes)
- Extended stays: If you will require an extended stay, please call us for more rate information
We are a small inn and cancellations adversely affect us. Therefore, with less than 48 hours notice, there will be a cancellation charge equal to one night’s stay. Should we be able to re-engage your room, we will refund the full amount of the cancellation charge less $25.00 processing fee. No-shows and same-day cancellations are charged at full amount of stay.
Additional fees/restrictions may apply to group or event reservations.
** If you do not receive a cancellation email from us, please contact us by telephone – 434-292-3199
The Grey Swan Inn Bed and Breakfast is ideal for a small family reunion, girlfriends get-away, “mancation”, scrapbooking groups, quilters, spiritual retreat, book study, business team building, with 5 guest rooms and accommodations for up to 12 guests. Our dining room and parlors are available for meetings and break out sessions. Call us and let us help you design a 2-3 day event for your group!
Check-In & Check-Out:
- Check-In: Between 2 pm and 7 pm. Please let us know if your arrival will be earlier or later. We are flexible with notice.
- Check-Out: 11 am
The Grey Swan Inn has recently received its B&B Virginia ABC license which allows our guests who 21 years old and above to drink either in their guest room and in Common Areas of the Inn. You may bring your own or add items to your reservation. For the safety and comfort of our guests, please drink responsibly.
For everyone’s safety and consideration, only registered guests are permitted on the property unless permission has been obtained by the innkeepers. If you are planning activities that may include non-registered guests, please call and ask if we can accommodate you before you make your reservation. Only registered guests are allowed in the guest rooms at any time. Non-registered guests are permitted to use the common areas (dining room, parlors, porch) with registered guests. Non-registered guests are not allowed on the premises after 10:00 PM.
- Children may be accommodated in Room 3, the King Suite, maximum occupancy is 5 persons. Other rooms may accommodate children – one adult with one child. No additional beds, cots, or portable child beds can be used in the queen or full bedded rooms.
- Smoking: We are a non-smoking Inn – an area is provided outside on the porch for guests who smoke.
Pets and Service Animals:
We’re sorry we cannot accommodate your pet. Boarding may be available in the area – please call us for details.
Please let the innkeeper know when booking your reservation if a service dog will be accompanying you. Service animals are permitted in all areas where guests are allowed. Service animals are animals that are trained to perform a specific task for the benefit of a person with a disability. The Grey Swan Inn innkeepers may ask what task(s) the service animal performs. The following types of animals are not permitted:
- Comfort Animals: Animals not trained to perform a specific task, but which are said to provide emotional support or to relieve anxiety simply by their presence.
- Pets: Animals for which no claim of any service is made.
You must keep your service animal under control at all times. The animal should always be on a leash, harness or other tether, unless either the handler is unable because of his/her disability to use a harness, leash or other tether, or the use of a harness, leash or other tether would interfere with the service animal’s safe, effective performance of work or tasks, in which case the service animal must be otherwise under the handler’s control.