Finding Recipes That Use Coffee
Coffee Pecan Pound Cake
Thanks LoveFoodies.com for this recipe – it is moist and full of rich coffee flavor with just the right amount of pecans for every bite!
- 1 3/4 c. sifted all purpose flour
- 2 t. baking podwer
- 1/4 t. salt
- 3/4 c soft butter
- 1 c. sugar
- 2/3 c. milk
- 4 t. instant coffee dissolved in 1 T hot water
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 c. pecans
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease and line loaf pan.
- Prep ingredients -dissolve coffee, sift dry ingredients. Rough chop pecans.
- Cream butter and sugar until pale light color.
- On low speed, slowly add eggs and a bit of flour to keep the batter from splitting.
- Slowly add coffee mixture and milk with remaining flour. Fold in pecans.
- Place batter in prepared pan. Tap pan to level out. Bake 1 hour to 1 hour 5 minutes. Check doneness with toothpick.
- Allow to cool. Store in airtight container. May be frozen – wrap in parchment paper and then in a ziplock plactic bag.
Products I like:
These loaf pans works well for me – I still like to grease and flour my pans. Here’s the link: https://amzn.to/2zWFufP (paid link)
I use these 1 pound mini loaf pans not only during the holidays, but throughout the year for gifts and “just the right size” for sharing at the dining table with a few guests. Here’s the link: https://amzn.to/2Z3AAGe